The Visitation (1924) & The Widow’s Son (1924)
Saints Peter & Paul, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin. Number of Lights 2 , Window: 2 : 14 Date 1924
The Balbriggan church contains two of Harry Clarke’s windows that are considered to be among his finest: the visitation and the widow’s son. The original commission for the windows came from Canon Byrne of Balbriggan.
The windows were finally erected later in 1924 at a cost of £116 (Bowe: 1994). Both windows were designed and executed by Harry Clarke.
Photos by © Michael Cullen (for prints/sales www.irishimages.org) - Text © by Lucy Costigan
Bowe, N. Gordon, The Life and Times of Harry Clarke, Irish Academic Press, Dublin, 1994