Church of St. John the Evangelist, Gilford, Castle Hill
Both windows were created by the Studios, and that Harry Clarke was personally involved in the work on both windows (Gilford website) two windows, one light Date 1922
The single light St. Catherine of Siena memorial window was dedicated to Henry and Catherine Gourley. In 1922 Harry had a long period of illness, but on June 7th he worked on a window depicting St. Catherine of Siena.
The window was erected in 1923 (Gilford website). St. Catherine is depicted kneeling, while Christ walks down a flight of stairs to greet her. She is shown wearing the white habit of St. Dominic and a blue cloak. Christ is resplendent in a scarlet robe surrounded by four angels.
Christ holds a crown of thorns in his right hand and a golden crown in his left. The inscription at the end of the window reads:
In loving memory of Henry and Catherine Gourley. Henry 1810-1890. Catherine 1827-1878