Section 10 : The Eve of Saint Agnes (1924)
The final decorative panel depicts the castle household retiring for the night. A lady in a nightgown carrying a candle leads the procession. Next comes an older woman dressed in a blue gown with a blue-checked skirt.
A gentleman clad in golden garb follows, carrying a lantern. A hound trails behind. An eastern statue is positioned in the right corner of the panel. The signature under the statue reads: Harry Clarke April 1. 1924.
Photo credit: Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane - Text © by Lucy Costigan